“The Institute for Genomic Medicine at the University of California, San Diego aims to discover new pathways in human health and disease and translate these discoveries to clinical and preventive medicine. Our multidisciplinary physician-scientist teams integrate clinical phenotypes with genomic, transcriptomic, proteomic, metabolomic and signaling approaches to understand and treat genetic contributions to human disease.”
Illumina and the UCSD IGM-HTGF will be providing details of an RNA-Seq Grant Program at the seminar. Be sure to attend so you can learn how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity.
9:30 am - 2:00 pm
IGM Genomics Center
- The IGM Genomics Center offers Next Gen sequencing services including sample QC, library preparation, sequencing on Illumina and PacBio platforms, as well as Illumina Bead Array technology.
- "A Human (And Humane) Quest To Find Therapies For Autism Disorders", Huffington Post, features Alysson Muotri, PhD
- "MicroRNA Specifically Kills Cancer Cells with Common Mutation," features Tariq Rana, PhD See also Futurism,eCancer News, Yahoo! and Medical Xpress
- Autism risk may originate in stretches of uniquely human DNA, Spectrum, features Johnathan Sebat, PhD
- Can Math Crack Cancer’s Code? The Wall Street Journal, features Trey Ideker, PhD
- "Researchers Find Fertility Genes Required for Sperm Stem Cells" features Miles Wilkinson, PhD, and Hye-Won Song, PhD.
See also Sciencemag, Medical Xpress, ScienceDaily, HealthCanal and The Medical News
"Do These Genes Make Me Lonely? Study Finds Loneliness is a Heritable Trait" features Abraham Palmer,PhD
See also Med India, Huffington Post, Newsmax, Medical Xpress, Elite Daily and Medical Daily.
- "San Diego Scientists Find Zika May Infect Adult Brains Too",KPBS features Joseph Gleeson, MD , Alysson Muotri, PhD, and Jair Lage de Siqueira-Neto, PhD
- "Neurodevelopmental Model of Williams Syndrome Offers Insight into Human Social Brain" features
Alysson Muotri, PhD
See also The Daily Mail, KPBS, Live Science, Medical Design Technology and Times of San Diego
- "Harper's legacy: Family donates 5-year-old's brain to science after death from rare condition," FOX News, features Alysson Muotri, PhD
See also News/Talk 1010