“The Institute for Genomic Medicine at the University of California, San Diego aims to discover new pathways in human health and disease and translate these discoveries to clinical and preventive medicine. Our multidisciplinary physician-scientist teams integrate clinical phenotypes with genomic, transcriptomic, proteomic, metabolomic and signaling approaches to understand and treat genetic contributions to human disease.”
- Genetics, Bioinformatics and Systems Biology Colloquium
- Genetics Training Program 9th Annual Retreat:
Monday April 25th 2016
Illumina and the UCSD IGM-HTGF will be providing details of an RNA-Seq Grant Program at the seminar. Be sure to attend so you can learn how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity.
9:30 am - 2:00 pm
IGM Genomics Center
- The IGM Genomics Center offers Next Gen sequencing services including sample QC, library preparation, sequencing on Illumina and PacBio platforms, as well as Illumina Bead Array technology.
- IGM Members Bing Ren and Sheng Zhong, are part of the Investigator team awarded a five-year grant to establish a 4D Nucleome Network Organizational Hub at UC San Diego.
10/15/15, UC Sand Diego News Center
- IGM members Yeo and Muotri, with colleagues at UCSD and Salk, obtain NIH funding to develop reproducible tools to study genetic variants underlying Autism
09/22/15, UC Sand Diego Health Newsroom, Features Gene Yeo, PhD, MBA
- Albert La Spada Receives Harrington Scholar Award to Combat Neurodegenerative Disease
09/21/15, UC Sand Diego Health Newsroom & pays.org, Features Albert La Spada, MD, PhD
- IGM faculty Yeo and collaborators at Genentech establish link between lupus and retroelements
09/17/15, Science, Features Gene Yeo, PhD, MBA
- Identified Genetic Interaction Offers Possible New Target for Glaucoma Therapy
09/10/15, UC Sand Diego Health Newsroom, Features Kang Zhang, MD, PhD, and Robert N. Weinreb, MD
- IGM faculty Yeo and collaborator Jens Lykke-Andersen unveil novel mechanism target specificity in RNA surveillance (published in Molecular Cell)
08/06/15, Molecular Cell, Features Gene Yeo, PhD, MBA
- Stem Cell-derived “Mini-brains” Reveal Potential Drug Treatment for Rare Disorder
9/08/2015, Molecular Psychiatry, Features Alysson Muotri, PhD
- In an effort to find ovarian tumor-specific molecules that could be used as new diagnostic and therapeutic targets, custom bioinformatics algorithms were developed and used
05/26/2015, PNAS, Features Kelly Frazer, Ph.D.
- Bing Ren, Maike Sander and Kelly A. Frazer receive funding from NIH for Type 2 diabetes research
- New map of human genetics contains clues for Alzheimer's and cancer
02/18/2015,The Verge, Features Bing Ren, PhD