“The Institute for Genomic Medicine at the University of California, San Diego aims to discover new pathways in human health and disease and translate these discoveries to clinical and preventive medicine. Our multidisciplinary physician-scientist teams integrate clinical phenotypes with genomic, transcriptomic, proteomic, metabolomic and signaling approaches to understand and treat genetic contributions to human disease.”
Illumina and the UCSD IGM-HTGF will be providing details of an RNA-Seq Grant Program at the seminar. Be sure to attend so you can learn how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity.
9:30 am - 2:00 pm
IGM Genomics Center
- The IGM Genomics Center offers Next Gen sequencing services including sample QC, library preparation, sequencing on Illumina and PacBio platforms, as well as Illumina Bead Array technology.
- "Neurodevelopmental Model of Williams Syndrome Offers Insight into Human Social Brain" features Alysson Muotri, PhD
See also The Daily Mail, KPBS, Live Science, Medical Design Technology and Times of San Diego
- "Harper's legacy: Family donates 5-year-old's brain to science after death from rare condition," FOX News, features Alysson Muotri, PhD
See also News/Talk 1010
- "Researchers ID Cancer Gene-Drug Combinations Ripe for Precision Medicine," features Trey Ideker, PhD, and John Paul Shen, MD
See also FierceBiotech, Scienmag, Lab Manager, The Medical News, HealthCanal and ScienceDaily
- "Neurons from boys with autism grow unusually fast," Spectrum News, features Alysson Muotri, PhD
- "Asia’s Rising Scientists: Gene Yeo," Asian Scientist, features Gene Yeo, PhD