“The Institute for Genomic Medicine at the University of California, San Diego aims to discover new pathways in human health and disease and translate these discoveries to clinical and preventive medicine. Our multidisciplinary physician-scientist teams integrate clinical phenotypes with genomic, transcriptomic, proteomic, metabolomic and signaling approaches to understand and treat genetic contributions to human disease.”
Illumina and the UCSD IGM-HTGF will be providing details of an RNA-Seq Grant Program at the seminar. Be sure to attend so you can learn how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity.
9:30 am - 2:00 pm
IGM Genomics Center
- The IGM Genomics Center offers Next Gen sequencing services including sample QC, library preparation, sequencing on Illumina and PacBio platforms, as well as Illumina Bead Array technology.
- "CIRM Approves New Funding to UC San Diego Researchers Fighting Zika Virus and Cancer", features Alysson Muotri, PhD, and Dan Kaufman, MD, PhD
See also San Diego Metro, KPBS and Times of San Diego
"San Diego Lab Creates Partially Human Pig Embryos", KPBS, features Alysson Muotri, PhD
- "Mini-brains made from teeth help reveal what makes us sociable", New Scientist, features Alysson Muotri, PhD
- "CRISPR Edits Cells' RNA", Discover, cites research by Gene Yeo, PhD
- "8 Things We Learned About Human Nature in 2016", Live Science, features Alysson Muotri, PhD
- "Is it okay to feel lonely? It could be in the genes", Irish Times, features Abraham Palmer, PhD
- "A New Way for Viruses to Hijack Cells", The Atlantic, features Gene Yeo, PhD, and Deborah Spector, PhD
- Largest Study of its Kind Finds Rare Genetic Variations Linked to Schizophrenia, features Jonathan Sebat, PhD
See also KPBS, Laboratory Equipment, Medical News Today, ScienceDaily, HealthCanal and Times of San Diego