“The Institute for Genomic Medicine at the University of California, San Diego aims to discover new pathways in human health and disease and translate these discoveries to clinical and preventive medicine. Our multidisciplinary physician-scientist teams integrate clinical phenotypes with genomic, transcriptomic, proteomic, metabolomic and signaling approaches to understand and treat genetic contributions to human disease.”
Illumina and the UCSD IGM-HTGF will be providing details of an RNA-Seq Grant Program at the seminar. Be sure to attend so you can learn how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity.
9:30 am - 2:00 pm
IGM Genomics Center
- The IGM Genomics Center offers Next Gen sequencing services including sample QC, library preparation, sequencing on Illumina and PacBio platforms, as well as Illumina Bead Array technology.
- "Mouse Study Identifies New Method for Treating Depression", features Abraham Palmer, PhD, and Stephanie Dulawa, PhD See also UPI, Medical News Today, Lab Manager Magazine, Business Insider, CW6 and ScienceDaily
- "With tweaks, brains in a dish may yield clear clues to autism", Spectrum News, authored by Alysson Muotri, PhD
- "Researchers discover key to drug resistance in common breast cancer treatment", ScienceDaily, features Christopher Glass, MD, PhD, and Joshua Stender, PhD
- "Researchers Create Model of Anorexia Nervosa Using Stem Cells," features Alysson Muotri, PhD See also Scienmag, KFI AM, ScienceDaily,KPBS, 10 News,Medical Xpress and The Medical News
- "New Blood Test Could Help Detect and Locate Cancer Early On," HealthCanal, features Kun Zhang, PhD See also CW6, NBC Bay Area and Voice Of America
- ""New Grant Boosts UC San Diego-Led Malaria Research Program," features Elizabeth Winzeler, PhD See also PhysOrg, San Diego Union Tribune, Times of San Diego, Science Newsline and CW6
- "Why I want to march for science," Spectrum News, authored by Jonathan Sebat, PhD "San Diego Lab Creates Partially Human Pig Embryos", KPBS, features Alysson Muotri, PhD
- "Mini-brains made from teeth help reveal what makes us sociable", New Scientist, features Alysson Muotri, PhD
- "CRISPR Edits Cells' RNA", Discover, cites research by Gene Yeo, PhD
- "8 Things We Learned About Human Nature in 2016", Live Science, features Alysson Muotri, PhD
- "Is it okay to feel lonely? It could be in the genes", Irish Times, features Abraham Palmer, PhD